Screen Industry Advisory Council
Call for Expressions of Interest
We are calling for expressions of interest for appointment to the new Screen Industry Advisory Committee (SIAC). This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a key group contributing to the development and growth of the Northern Territory (NT) screen industry.
SIAC will be responsible for providing advice and support Government to deliver the best outcomes for the screen industry and the NT from the Screen Industry Development Plan 2018-2020.
More information on SIAC’s role and responsibilities can be found in the Terms of Reference.
As well as attending at least four (4) meetings each year, SIAC members will be expected to contribute to special projects outside meetings. The majority of meetings will be held by videoconference or teleconference.
In line with the Northern Territory Government Boards Handbook, the Minister for Tourism and Culture is seeking to appoint a SIAC membership which:
- Represents a blend of expertise, experience and a range of perspectives
- Is inclusive of gender, cultural diversity, and geographic location
SIAC’s initial membership will comprise five NT representatives who will be selected based on their:
- commitment to the implementation of the Screen Industry Development Plan 2018-2020
- interest in the screen sector
- ability to represent a broad range of relevant interests
- understanding of the issues affecting the screen industry in the NT, nationally and internationally or understanding of the potential of the NT screen industry to contribute to the broader NT economy and the NT’s attractiveness as a place to live and visit
- experience and networks in either the NT screen industry or the broader NT business community
- demonstrated understanding of the principles of governance, probity and accountable financial management.
Project management and delivery skills are also desirable attributes.
Only applicants who meet Screen Territory’s General Eligibility Criteria will be considered.
The Minister will appoint a Chairperson from among the successful applicants to ensure the roles and responsibilities as set out in the Terms of Reference are fulfilled.
Expressions of interest
Completed and signed expressions of interest must be received by COB Sunday 25 November 2018. No extensions will be granted.
All respondents will be notified that their expression of interest has been received. The selection panel will review all expressions of interest and shortlisted applicants will be recommended to the Minister for Tourism & Culture.
Successful applicants must be available to commence duties in late January 2019.
If you require further information regarding the application, please contact:
Director Screen Territory
Phone: 08 8999 6303