FULLY DEVELOPED: Masterclass with Alison Black and Marion Farrelly
It is the holy grail in the television industry to come up with an idea, develop it, pitch it, make it, deliver it, market it, get viewers to watch and engage with it, then go to the awards ceremony when it collects multiple nominations.
Both Marion Farrelly and Alison Black are among the few producers in Australia who have done this – often.
Between them they’ve been showrunners on multiple ratings juggernauts and been across budgets in excess of $300 million, in three continents. They have consulted on development for, amongst others, MSMCI USA, BBC Worldwide and Matchbox Productions Australia.
Masterclass topics include:
- How to Write a Killer Proposal
- Perfecting Your Pitch
- Protecting your idea legally
- Co-development agreements
- Clarity of chain of title
- What is a format and is it protectable?
- Should I co-produce with a bigger company and if so what deal should I look for?
- Development funding – reasonable amounts to ask for from broadcasters, Screen Agencies and other sources.
- Crowdfunding caveats
There will be a maximum of 15 places
When: Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 October 2017 - 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Where: Screen Territory, Level 1, 9 Cavenagh Street, Darwin. NT
Apply through Grants Tracker with the following information:
- Current CV
- One pager including synopsis on the project you wish to develop
Closes: COB Monday 25 September 2017
Alice Springs residents are welcome to apply.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8999 6302