Before applying for Realisator 2017 you are required to contact Screen Territory to discuss your application. Please read the guidelines below and the General Guidelines to determine your eligibility before contacting Screen Territory.
About the Program
Realisator is a Territory program designed for the Territory screen industry to develop the skills of local filmmakers through the development of documentary and factual projects.
Realisator is a Screen Territory initiative, supported by Screen Australia.
Screen Territory will support a maximum of six Territory projects to participate in Realisator.
Who is it for?
Northern Territory resident writers, directors and producers, who may not have broadcast credits, but have significant production experience.
The Realisator Process
Realisator will commence in May 2017 with a three day workshop.
Following completion of the workshop participants will be given the opportunity to further develop a project for submission to Realisator. Up to three projects may be selected for further development. Selected projects will receive development funding and access to an experienced documentary producer to support and advice during this stage of development.
N.B: Screen Territory will hold a ‘Meet the Broadcasters’ on Thursday 11 May 2017 which will be open to all industry members with credits. This will be a Q&A followed by one-on-one meetings with industry members for pitching projects; appointments for meetings with broadcasters must be made before hand.
This year the Realisator mentors will be:
- Rebeca Barry (I AM A GIRL, The Surgery Ship and Inspiring Teachers);
- Jennifer Cummins (Making Couples Happy, Life at 7 and Making Families Happy): and
- Dan Brown (Australia’s Secret Heroes and Who’s Been Sleeping In My House?)
Tuesday 9 May – Thursday 11 May 2017
Screen Territory, Alice Springs. Participants required to travel to attend Realisator will receive travel assistance from Screen Territory.
All applicants must meet the general eligibility criteria as detailed in the Screen Territory Guidelines.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online using Grants-Tracker.
Applications open: 13 March 2017
Applications close: 3 April 2017
What to Submit
In addition to the information asked for in Grants-Tracker applicants must upload the following documents for no more than two project concepts under Additional Materials:
- One line synopsis for each concept
- One page outline for each documentary project
- One page document (for each project) outlining why this story is relevant now, why you are the individual/team to make this story, particular access you may have and who you see as being the audience for this story
- A half to one page document that introduces the proposed project team for each documentary (writer/producer/director)
Applicants are encouraged to submit more than one idea.
- Participants’ suitable prior industry experience
- The project concept
- The likelihood of the project attracting finance
- The ability of the applicant to fully commit to the process
For more information please contact Screen Territory on 8951 5141 or e-mail email@example.com