Story development programs aims to help Northern Territory screen practitioners to demonstrate their talent and build their capacity by supporting the development of distinctive Territory screen stories that are capable of reaching and engaging audiences.
- Open to both emerging and experienced Northern Territory resident producers, writers and directors
- Up to $5,000 per application, with a streamlined application process, to explore the potential of creative ideas through the development of a treatment or proposal and support materials.
- Open to experienced Northern Territory resident producers/production companies, writers and directors.
- Contributing to a development plan appropriate to the stage of the project, up to $10,000 per application or up to $20,000 per application, depending on the level of experience.
- Special targeted development initiatives.
What are we looking for?
The demand for project development support is greater than Screen Territory's ability to fund all the projects that might apply.
Screen Territory therefore aims to focus its support on outstanding projects that:
- have a strong Northern Territory angle, whether that’s through the story, subject matter, settings, or characters, or through unique Northern Territory perspectives on universal themes provided by Territory creatives, and
- are well thought out, even in their early form:
Drama projects should already have a clear premise, the main beats of a strong core story worked out in short document form, and a relationship to a specific audience.
Documentary/factual proposals need to be more than an idea. We'll be looking for a clear narrative structure, argument or line of enquiry, as well as your particular stylistic approach.
Download funding guidelines