Awards & festivals
Screen Territory will contribute towards the costs of travel by Northern Territory practitioners nominated for key awards, or whose projects have been selected for key festivals, to progress their career through exposure and networking.
- National travel: up to $2,000 per traveller [up to $4,000 per company per application]
- International travel: up to $5,000 per application [irrespective of number of travellers]
Budget notes: Eligible expenditure includes airfares (economy only), accommodation, ground transport, event registration, per diems, and other legitimate travel costs.
The applicant and all proposed travellers must meet Screen Territory’s general eligibility criteria, and either:
- be nominated for an eligible award, OR
- have a key role (generally producer, writer or director) on a project selected for an eligible festival or nominated for an eligible award.
Eligible Australian awards:
- AACTA Awards
- ACS National Awards for Cinematography
- ADG Awards
- ASE Awards
- AWGIE Awards
- SPA Awards TV Week Logie Awards
Eligible Australian festivals:
- Adelaide Film Festival
- Brisbane International Film Festival
- Darwin International Film Festival
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Perth Revelation International Film Festival
- Sydney Film Festival
Where a screen project made by a Northern Territory production company has been selected for screening at an international festival and is eligible for Screen Australia marketing support, Screen Territory may provide additional funds to enable additional participation from Northern Territory.
Applications must be received by Screen Territory no later than four weeks prior to the date of travel.
You must submit:
- Confirmation of selection for the festival or nomination for the award.
- Current one-page CVs for individual traveller/s and, where relevant, the production company.
- A statement setting out how they plan to maximise the benefit of attending the event to enhance their career.
- A detailed budget including Screen Territory’s contribution (see ‘Budget notes’ above for eligible expenditure).
Eligible applications will be assessed taking into account:
- The current career stage of proposed travellers and the benefits they will gain from the event
- The appropriateness of the budget submitted.
Reporting and acquittal
If you are successful in receiving a Travel grant, your grant agreement will set out the materials you have agreed to deliver in order to acquit the grant. These will include:
- a brief report on outcomes of your travel
- a signed breakdown of income and expenditure including financial support received from Screen Territory and any third party.
You will be required to acquit the grant one month after you return from travel.