Skills development events
Screen Territory will contribute towards the costs of travel by Northern Territory practitioners to attend key national craft conferences or other professional development events, to enhance their skills and progress their career through exposure and networking.
- Up to $2,000 per application
Budget notes: Eligible expenditure includes airfares (economy only), accommodation, ground transport, event registration, per diems, and other legitimate travel costs.
This program is open to Northern Territory residents who:
- meet Screen Territory’s general eligibility criteria, and
- can demonstrate significant commitment to a screen industry career in roles relevant to the proposed conference or event
- Australian Directors Guild National Conference
- Australian Screenwriters Conference
An application for Travel funding to attend an event not on the eligible events list may be considered if you can demonstrate that it offers significant professional development opportunities. You must discuss your proposed travel with Screen Territory before submitting an application.
Applications must be received by Screen Territory no later than four weeks prior to the date of travel.
You must submit:
- A current one-page CV, highlighting your experience relevant to the proposed event
- A description of the conference or event, including dates, venues, and program information
- A statement setting out the how you plan to maximise the benefit of attending the event to enhance your career.
- A detailed budget including Screen Territory’s contribution (see ‘Budget notes’ for eligible expenditure).
Eligible applications will be assessed taking into account:
- The profile, significance and relevance of the event or opportunity
- The applicant’s current career stage and benefits they will gain from attending the event
- The appropriateness of the budget submitted.
Screen Territory may also take into account the level of support the applicant has already received through the Travel program in the current financial year.
Reporting and acquittal
If you are successful in receiving a Travel grant, your grant agreement will set out the materials you have agreed to deliver in order to acquit the grant. These will include:
- a brief report on outcomes of your travel
- a signed breakdown of income and expenditure including financial support received from Screen Territory and any third party.
You will be required to acquit the grant one month after you return from travel.